People whose nose shape, size, and position match their face symmetry are blessed. As having a well-contoured nose enhances the look of the person and makes him look more attractive. The beauty standards of today’s world also include having a perfectly shaped nose. For the enhancement in the nose shape, people opt for the traditional rhinoplasty which can often result in scarring but have you heard that you can now change your nose shape according to your desire with the help of Closed Rhinoplasty in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. As this surgical procedure will give you desired results without any type of scarring.
What is Closed Rhinoplasty?
Closed rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that reshapes the nose from within the nostrils, with no visible scars on the outside of the nose. The surgeon makes small incisions within the nose and then raises the skin and tissue to reach the underlying bone and cartilage during a closed rhinoplasty. The bone and cartilage are then reshaped and modified by the surgeon to create the desired aesthetic and functional alterations to the nose. The fundamental advantage of closed rhinoplasty over open rhinoplasty is that it usually results in less swelling, bruising, and scarring.
The results of the closed rhinoplasty appear after a few days of the surgery when the surgical site will heal properly. The outcomes will improve over time, but make sure to choose a skilled surgeon for the procedure. At our clinic, if you decide on the closed rhinoplasty then our surgeons will evaluate you from start to end and will try their best to give you desired outcomes.
Right Candidate For the Closed Rhinoplasty:
If you are not undergoing any serious health condition which will not affect the surgical procedure then you can go for the closed rhinoplasty. As this cosmetic procedure is not very complex but there is a certain criterion that you need to fulfil for the ideal candidate for the procedure. You are the ideal candidate for the closed rhinoplasty if:
- You are suffering from minor nasal deformities
- You have good elastic and skin thickness on the nasal area
- You have realistic expectations about the closed rhinoplasty results
- You are having deviated septum or nose hump
- You do not have a severe problem with breathing
- Your facial skeleton is mature enough for the cosmetic changes
How to Prepare For the Closed Rhinoplasty?
Before the procedure, the surgeon will discuss your desired goals and your undergoing health conditions. After that, he may take pictures of your nose to show you the results after the procedure. During the appointment time for Closed Rhinoplasty in Dubai & Abu Dhabi it will be best to discuss any medications you are taking so the surgeon will guide you properly regarding the procedure. Make sure that you do not consume blood thinners or any other medication which will interfere with the healing process. Another important thing for the best results without complications is that you should avoid smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages.
Depending on the complexity of the procedure and the patient’s demand, the patient is given general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia with sedation. Small incisions inside the nostrils are made by the surgeon to gain access to the nasal structures. The surgeon then reshapes the bone and cartilage in the nose using specialised surgical instruments to achieve the desired aesthetic and functional goals. Excess cartilage or bone may be removed, or grafts may be used to build up areas that require greater volume or support. When the reshaping is finished, the incisions are closed with dissolvable stitches.
Recovery and AfterCare:
The recovery after a closed rhinoplasty is a few days to weeks. During the healing time make sure you take good care of your nasal area and avoid unnecessary touching to the nose as it can result in bleeding and undesired results. The surgeon will give you instructions after the cosmetic procedure which you need to follow for a smooth recovery. Following are the aftercare instruction given by most of the surgeons:
- Swelling and redness may appear which will fade away in a few days
- You should avoid doing things that can build pressure on the nose area
- Take all the prescribed medications on time
- Do not wear eyesight or sunglasses as it can result in an allergic reaction
- Go for regular check ups for optimal results
- Eat soft food and keep your body hydrated
- There are no obvious scars on the skin
- Recovery time is often reduced, and there is less swelling and bruising. Most patients can resume normal activities within 1-2 weeks of the treatment
- When compared to open rhinoplasty, closed rhinoplasty is considered a less invasive technique
- This can be useful for people who have adequate tip support but need small adjustments to attain the desired aesthetic result
- Closed rhinoplasty usually results in less postoperative swelling
Dr. Jamed is one of the highly skilled surgeons working at Esthetic Clinic who will provide you with the best results of Closed Rhinoplasty in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. So book an appointment with us now by filling out the online consultation form and get your nose in shape with the hands of the expert.