Imagine being born with a condition that makes the simplest of tasks, like eating, drinking, and talking, nearly impossible. That’s the harsh reality for millions of people worldwide who are born with cleft lip and palate, a condition that leaves a gap or split in the upper lip and roof of the mouth. For decades, individuals with cleft lip and palate have endured a lifetime of physical and emotional pain, often ostracized by society and relegated to the shadows. But in recent years, the development of cleft lip and palate surgery has offered a glimmer of hope, a chance for these individuals to finally step into the light and embrace life to the fullest. But Cleft lip and Palate Surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi isn’t just about repairing physical damage. It’s also about restoring dignity and hope to those who have suffered for far too long. It’s about empowering individuals to live life on their terms, to pursue their dreams, and to contribute to society in meaningful ways.
What is the Main Essence of the Surgery?
The surgery is nothing short of a modern medical marvel, a true testament to the power of human ingenuity and perseverance. With a combination of surgical skill and cutting-edge technology, surgeons can repair the damage caused by this complex condition, helping patients to speak, eat, and breathe with ease, and giving them the confidence to show off their beautiful smiles to the world.
It is a surgery that may genuinely improve patients’ lives and make a significant difference. The procedure results in correcting the structural irregularities brought on by the disease, which will significantly enhance oral function, attractiveness, and general quality of life. The procedure can help the patient become more independent and confident by restoring their capacity for eating, drinking, and speaking normally. It can also lessen the mental suffering and social shame associated with cleft lip and palate.
- It is a very efficient method for enhancing the patient’s oral function and enabling them to eat, drink, and speak more comfortably. Their general quality of life and confidence may both increase as a result.
- It can lessen the social stigma and mental pain that frequently accompany the condition. Patients may benefit from feeling more at ease and accepted in social settings, which will improve their mental health.
- Patients who have surgery can lower their chance of developing these and other linked health problems, improving their general health and well-being.
- It may greatly enhance the patient’s facial symmetry and general look, boosting their self-assurance and confidence.
Who is a Suitable Candidate?
People who were born with a gap or split in their upper lip or roof of their mouth, which made it difficult to eat, drink, speak, or breathe, as well as caused social stigma and emotional distress, are frequently advised to have the surgery. Candidates should have good general health and be free of any underlying illnesses that might raise the risk of problems. Additionally, they must be prepared to dedicate themselves to the post-operative care and rehabilitation process after the Cleft lip & Palate Surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi.
The healthcare team will carefully collaborate with the patient at the initial consultation to assess their general health, comprehend their particular requirements and concerns, and create a tailored plan for the surgery. To ascertain the severity of the cleft and discover any underlying medical conditions that could influence the operation, this may entail a thorough medical assessment, imaging tests, and other diagnostic procedures. To be in optimal condition for the procedure, the patient may also need to change certain aspects of their lifestyle, such as their food or their smoking habits.
What To Expect During the Surgery at Esthetic Clinic?
- The patient will get anesthesia on the day of surgery to make sure they are relaxed and pain-free during the operation. Different types of anesthesia, such as general anesthesia, local anesthesia, or sedation, may be used, depending on the patient’s age and medical history.
- To reach the underlying tissues, the surgeon will create a precisely designed incision in the lip and/or palate. This incision needs to be performed in a way that reduces scarring and preserves the surrounding tissues’ ability to function.
- The surgeon will next carefully realign and suture the different lip and palate components, including the muscles, tissues, and bones, to close the aperture. Since even minor mistakes can have a significant impact on the patient’s appearance and function, this requires extreme precision and attention to detail.
- The surgeon will use dissolvable stitches or surgical glue to seal the wound once the cleft has been fixed. This needs to be done in a way that minimizes scarring and preserves the integrity of the restored structures.
Recovery Post Surgery:
It takes a lot of care and attention to recuperate from the surgery because it is a transforming treatment. The post-operative care procedure is vital for achieving an optimal result, ranging from carefully cleaning the incision site to working with speech therapists and occupational therapists to enhance oral function. Patients can enjoy notable improvements in their quality of life and look forward to a brighter, more confident future by maintaining contact with their healthcare team and adhering to the advised care recommendations.
Although the majority of insurance policies do cover the procedure, the specifics can vary greatly depending on the patient’s age, medical history, and the seriousness of their condition. Patients can better understand their coverage choices by consulting with their medical team and insurance company.
Schedule An Appointment Now!
Book an appointment with the surgeons at the Esthetic Clinic for Cleft Lip & Palate Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah by filling up the consultation form on our website.